Changes in IBPS PO Exam Pattern and Eligibilty Criteria
IBPS PO Notification is out and the Online Registration is going to start from 22nd July, 2013. For the first time, IBPS PO Exam goes Online, so gone are the days, when you have to darken the Ovals to fill the OMR Sheets. Now, you have to attempt the paper, online, in front of a computer and that too in a computerized centre.
Apart from this, New Eligibility conditions are rolled out in this 3rd Edition of IBPS PO Exam. Following these changes, a lot of Criticism is going on forums, Blogs and Social Media Websites Like (Twitter and Facebook).
Changes in the IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
IBPS PO Exam always attracts lakhs of candidates, as this Exam is the only gateway, that open the doors for PO Jobs in 20 Public Sector Banks, but this time, with the new rules rolled out, the competition is expected to get lower, as a major pool of Candidates, are debarred from appearing in the exam, because of these new Eligibility Conditions.
1 Age Limit : Now, to appear in the IBPS PO Exam, you must be in between 20 years to 28 years. Earlier, the upper age limit was 30 years. and now with this change, candidates above 28 years of age, are not eligible to appear in the IBPS PO exam.
2) Educational Qualifications: Now, you need to have minimum 60 % Marks in Graduation to appear for the IBPS PO Exam. Previous Criteria was only Graduation. SBI is the only public sector bank, that asks for 60% in Graduation, and now with IBPS enforcing the same rule, dreams of many candidates have now been shattered.
Changes in IBPS PO Exam Pattern
Apart from above changes in the IBPS PO Eligibility criteria, few changes are also made by IBPS in the Exam pattern.
1) No Descriptive Paper: IBPS had decided not to hold any descriptive paper for PO exam in 2013. Earlier, a Descriptive paper for checking proficiency in English language, is also conducted by IBPS.
2) Changes in Objective Paper: The weightage, No. of Questions per Section and Duration of the exam is now revised, and is given as under.
- Reasoning: 50 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude: 50 marks
- English Language: 40 marks
- General Awareness: 40 marks
- Computer Awareness: 20 marks
There will be a total 200 Questions in all these 5 sections and the total Duration is 2 hours
Get All the Updates from IBPS by E Mail
Get Regular Updates, Its FREE!
Posted by IBPS Portal on 6:47 PM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry