IBPS PO Exam Syllabus 2012 pdf and IBPS Exam Pattern for CWE June 2012
Syllabus for IBPS PO and MT Exam 2012
IBPS PO Recruitment 2012 have been announced, and the exam is tentatively scheduled to held on 17th June, 2012.In our previous post, we have published the Complete Details about IBPS PO Recruitment June 2012.Students preparing for IBPS PO exam 2012 must apply Online before the Last date i.e 30th March, 2012
IBPS PO Exam Syllabus 2012
The Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam 2012 is no different from the previous IBPS PO Exam.Most of the students who have appeared in the previous PO exam must Know the structure of the Question Paper and nature of Questions asked in the IBPS PO Exam 2011.In the IBPS PO exam 2012, it is expected that approximately 18 to 20 lakh students may register for the exam.So students must understand the level of competition in this exam and accordingly prepare themselves for the exam with full zeal and zest.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2012
The Syllabus of IBPS PO Common written Exam has two Sections i,e Objective Paper as well as descriptive Paper.It is necessary for students to pass both of these sections by securing the minimum cut off marks in each section of Objective Paper and descriptive paper
(I) Objective Paper: The Syllabus of Objective Paper is basically an Objective test of 225 marks that is divided into 5 sections.These five sections are given as under
- Test of Reasoning: In the reasoning Objective test, there are 50 Objective Questions carrying 50 marks.The Question in this sections are asked on both verbal and Non-Verbal reasoning.
- Test of Quantitative Aptitude: This section is basically the test of Quantitative aptitude of the students.Again this section has 50 Questions carrying 50 marks.
- Test of English Language:This Objective test is basically the test of Grammar, Written English and Comprehension.This section is the only sector that is of 25 marks,Unlike other sections the weight-age of each question in English Section is 0.25 marks
- Test of General Awareness: This section is the most critical section in terms of difficulty level.This section is a mix of both of General Awareness and Banking Awareness.In the previous IBPS PO exam 2011, 40 % of the questions in this section are asked on Socio Economic Affairs, Banking Terminology and Current Economic Affairs.The remaining 60 % questions are asked from Current Affairs, Basic GK and General Knowledge.This section containing 50 Questions carrying 50 marks
- Test of Computer Knowledge: In this section, the questions are asked on basic Computer Knowledge.Students who have studied the Computer as a subject in Under-Graduation or Post-Graduation need not prepare for this subject as it contains only very basic computer questions.Again there are 50 questions in this section carrying 50 marks
Duration of Objective Paper: The Total duration of Objective Paper i2 2.5 hours i.e 150 minutes.Students will have a total of 250 Questions carrying 225 marks.
(II)Descriptive Paper: The Descriptive Paper is basically the test of the writing skills of the candidate in the English Language.The Questions asked in this section are descriptive in nature and consists of Letter Writing, Essay Writing, Precis etc.The duration of Descriptive paper is 1 hour and it carries 25 marks
Most Important Points
Students must understand that this exam is different from other competitive exams,Like in other competitive exams, where you have secure maximum marks in aggregate in order to qualify for the next stage.In the IBPS PO exam, you have to score minimum Cut off marks in each section of Objective Tests and Minimum marks in the Descriptive Paper also.
Descriptive Paper of only those candidates will be taken into consideration or Checked who will score the minimum marks in the each section of Objective tests.
There will be penalty or deduction of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.Students must attempt a questions only if there are sure about it.
Doubts About the IBPS PO Exam Syllabus 2012
If you have any doubts about the Exam Pattern and Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam 2012, then you can post your doubts in the Comment box given below.We will try to reach each of you at the earliest
Get All the Updates from IBPS by E Mail
Get Regular Updates, Its FREE!