IBPS PO General Awareness 2012 Preparation and Questions
General Awareness Section is considered to be the most difficult section to crack by most of the students, but it is not as difficult as one may assume, so don't panic for this section and remember one thing that this only General Awareness and not General Knowledge.Most students are of the view that anything can be asked in this section ranging from Politics to History and Fashion to Bollywood, but it is not and in fact General Awareness followed a certain Syllabus and contains a Selective questions only.
Analysis of the General Awareness Section
If you are preparing for the IBPS PO Exam 2012, then you must go through the General Awareness Section of the Questions Paper IBPS PO Exam 2011.We have a detailed look at the question paper and found following conclusions:
1) 26 Questions out of 50 are asked on Banking Terminology and Current Banking Awareness.Some of the Questions in this section include
- Cross-Selling by banks
- Fixed Deposits and Recurring Deposits
2) The Remaining 24 Questions are asked on the Current affairs of Last Six Months.The Questions in this section are asked on
- Current Appointments
- Award Winners
- Current Sports Affairs
- Books and Authors
- Days and Anniversary's
How to prepare for the General Awareness Section ?
As we discussed above the composition of general Awareness Section, now let us discuss the preparation strategy for this section:
- For Current Affairs, collect the Last six months editions of Pratiyogita Darpan, Competition Success Review and General Knowledge Today.These magazines have sufficient material required for the preparation of Current Affairs.
- For Banking Awareness, try to collect as much information about Banking System in India and Banking Terminology.For detailed information and preparation of this section, you can check the Link given below
- For Current Banking Awareness, read the Newspapers Like Economic Times and Hindu Business Line to brush your self with the latest Socio-Economic Affairs.
Students preparing for the IBPS PO exam 2012 must go through the Previous IBPS Question Paper for General Awareness Section given below:
For complete package of Previous and Model IBPS Question Papers, candidates can check the Link given below
Need Help for the Preparation of General Awareness Section ?
If you find it difficult to prepare for this section, then the IBPSPortal.blogspot.com will be ready to help you in your preparation for this section.We will be posting Quizzes and Question Answers on Current Affairs and Banking Awareness
These Questions-Answers and Quizzes contain the Current Affairs of the last Six months in Objective Format.So you will get ready made material for the preparation of this section and by the time you will have your exam on 17th June, 2012 you have covered enough Syllabus required to get your desired marks in this section
Minimum qualifying marks in this section in 24 out of 50.
Quizzes Questions-Answers and Important Topics to Cover for the IBPS PO Exam 2012
Get All the Updates from IBPS by E Mail
Get Regular Updates, Its FREE!
Posted by IBPS Portal on 2:39 PM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry